Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald's "charity of choice" for 39 years.We are a non-profit 501(c) (3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor.
Portions of the annual operating costs for Ronald McDonald Houses are graciously funded by McDonald's and owner/operators of local McDonald's restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors. McDonald's involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald's employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in local and global RMHC boards.
- RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising.
- In-restaurant sales of USA Today are all donated to RMHC.
- McDonald's conducts an annual fundraiser in called McHappy Day around the world and Give A Hand in the U.S. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children's charities around the world.