Toy and Food Donation Program
Ronald McDonald Houses are stocked with toys and all the essentials of home for the children and families staying there to enjoy and use.
Keeping Ronald McDonald Houses fully stocked depends on the help of the community though, and we want to make sure they have everything they need. Here are some items that Houses can generally use, but we encourage you to contact your local House program to get specific lists.
Because Ronald McDonald Houses serve so many children and families, we only accept new, non-handmade toys.
- Board games
- Stuffed animals and dolls
- Books for various reading levels
- Video games (rated E)
- Movies (rated G)
- Balls and outdoor games
We want to make it easy for families to have meals and snacks without worrying about grocery shopping.
- Canned goods
- Non-perishable food items
Houses need the same products as your home, but they need them in bulk because several families stay in a House every night.
- Paper products (facial tissue, toilet paper, paper towels)
- Trash bags
- Aluminum foil, plastic wrap and sandwich bags
- Laundry detergent and fabric softener
- Cleaning products (sponges, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher detergent)
- Bath and bedroom items (towels, shower curtains, sheets and pillow cases)
- Personal care products (deodorant, dental floss, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner)
- Entertainment products (games, movies, books, art supplies)
- Long-distance phone cards
- Gift cards for local grocery stores and gas stations
- Greeting cards and postage stamps
- Gift certificates to local grocery stores and department stores (Target, Wal-Mart, etc)
- Transportation vouchers (buses, taxis, trains)
- Passes to museums, cultural and sporting events
Contact the Chapter in your area to get a specific wishlist for your local House.